Below is a list of successful celebrities that have shown to the world that they can make it without a university degree.
According to reports, some were at the university but had to drop out due to certain reasons.
1. Genevieve Nnaji

Genevieve Nnaji (born 3 May 1979) is a popular name in the Nollywood
industry. She is one of the most successful actress in Nigeria. Despite
being a very intelligent and successful woman, she did not acquire a
university degree, even after saying would go back to school for several
years.
Apart from acting, Genevieve owns a fashion line St.Genevieve, launched in May 2008.
2. Wizkid

Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun (born 16 July 1990), well known as Wizkid is a popular song writer and singer.
According to reports, he started singing at 11years as Lil Prinz.
However, he started his music career fully with Banky W’s music group,
Empire Mates Entertainment (EME) in 2009.
Wizkid dropped out of Lead City University in his second year because of his music career, hoping to continue later.
According to records, Wizkid’s achievements in the music industry
includes: a BET Award, a MOBO Award, three The Headies Awards, two
Channel O Music Video Awards, four Nigeria Entertainment Awards, a Ghana
Music Award, two Dynamix All Youth Awards, two City People
Entertainment Awards, and a Future Award. In addition, he has been
nominated three times at the MTV Europe Music Awards as well as four
times at the World Music Awards. He was ranked 5th on Forbes and Channel
O’s 2013 list of the Top 10 Richest/Bankable African Artist
3. 9ice

9ice (born Alexander Abolore Adegbola Adigun Alapomeji Ajifolajifaola,on 17 January 1980) is a popular indigenous singer 9ice who is now a politician attended Abule Okuta Primary School and
CMS Grammar School, and dropped out from his Law course at the Lagos
State University to concentrate on music.
On his achievements so far, 9ice won the Revelation of the Year award
and the Best Male Vocal Performer at the 2008 edition of the Hip Hop
World Awards held in Nigeria. A month later at the first SoundCity Music
Video Awards, 9ice was nominated in the category of Best New Artiste.
9ice’s biggest single is titled “Gongo Aso”. He is the founder of
Alapomeji Records.
4. Mercy Johnson

Mercy Johnson (born in Lagos on 28 August 1984) is a popular
Nollywood star. She is one of the highest paid actresses in Nollywood.
Mercy Johnson Okojie revealed that she got into the Nigerian movie
industry because she failed the university entrance exams (JAMB) several
times.
5. D’banj

Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo (popularly known as D’banj, born 9 June 1980)
is a Nigerian singer-songwriter, harmonica player, and businessman.
Dbanj is one of the leading musicians in Africa.
He reportedly dropped out of school when he was in 300Level (Mechanical Engineering).
Records has it that he has won several music awards, including the
awards for Best African Act at the MTV Europe Music Awards 2007, Artist
of the Year at the MTV Africa Music Awards 2009, Best International Act:
Africa at the 2011 BET Awards, and Best-selling African Artist at the
2014 World Music Awards, Evolution award at the 2015 MTV Africa Music
awards.
6. Don Jazzy

Michael Collins Ajere popularly known as Don Jazzy is one of the
famous Nigerians who did not need education to achieve success. The
prolific music producer and C.E.O of Mavin Records dropped out of
Ambrose Ali University, Ekpoma in his first year.
7. 2face Idibia

Innocent Ujah Idibia popularly known as 2face attended Saint
Gabriel’s Secondary School in Makurdi, Benue State. He enrolled at
Institute of Management & Technology, Enugu (IMT), where he did his
preliminary National Diploma course in Business Administration and
Management. While attending IMT, he performed at school organised shows
and parties. He eventually dropped out to pursue his music career
2Face told Views Channel in an interview about how an incident where
he was robbed devastated and led to his decision to leave school to face
music.
“I got robbed sometime in school. All my audio cassettes that I
recorded they took them. I was sad for like a year plus. I dropped out
and I am like look I am not continuing this thing I am going to follow
music.
“I actually confessed to my parents. I told them the truth that I am
not going back to school. I am going to Lagos, Festac town. All this
waka wey I dey talk so, na molue… staff, sometimes na fight we go fight.
Them go pursue us from bus” he said.