Just like Macbeth, in Shakespeare’s play of same name, murdered sleep
and could no longer sleep, 22yrs old Ndifreke Joseph Clement, disturbed
by sleepless nights and traumatic experiences after murdering his
23-year-old cousin, Ubong Edet, finally surrendered himself to police
six months after the crime.
Ndifreke, a native of Akon Ita in Itu LGA of Akwa Ibom State, who handed
himself over to police at Ikot Akpan Abia, Uyo, said he slashed his
cousin’s throat after beating him to coma because Edet slept with his
girlfriend.
"I cannot remember the exact date now, but it occurred
in a night in August 2015 in the one room apartment we shared. On that
day, I returned from work to meet the door locked...
“I knocked on the door and waited for over five minutes before my cousin
could come to open the door. When I went into the room, I saw my
girlfriend weeping and blood running from her nostrils.
“I asked her what happened and she said Ubong beat, wounded and
forcefully had s*x with her. But after opening the door for me, Ubong
went away and did not come back until very late in the night.
Speaking with Vanguard, he said: “When I asked him why he did what he
did to my girlfriend, he started punching me and I retaliated.
“We fought for a very long time before I could subdue him. I then picked
my cow-butchering knife and cut his throat, carried his dead body and
dumped it in the bush very close to the house and threw the knife into
the pit toilet.
“I have brought myself to the police even when nobody knew that I killed
him. I have come to plead for forgiveness because since I killed my
cousin, I no longer have peace of mind. I am always disturbed in my
mind and dream.”
Police PRO in Akwa Ibom, ASP Cordelia Nwawe, said Ndifreke would be arraigned for the court to decide what to do to him
Title :
Man surrenders to the police 6 months after killing cousin over girlfriend (Photo)
Description : Just like Macbeth, in Shakespeare’s play of same name, murdered sleep and could no longer sleep, 22yrs old Ndifreke Joseph Clement, dis...
Rating :
5