Last week when I was going through my Bible, I came across a passage which humbled me and made see that indeed the world as they say is vanity. So. decided to share it with you
( Ecclesiastes 2:4-11) And it says :
Then I began doing great things. I built houses, and I planted gardens, and I made parks. I planted all kinds of fruit trees.I made pools of water for myself. and I used these pools of water to water my growing trees. I bought men slaves and women slaves. And there were slaves born in my house. I owned many great things. I had herds of cattle and flocks of sheep. I owned more things than any other person in my area.
I also gathered silver and gold for myself. I took treasures from kings and their nations. I had men and women singing for me. I had everything anyone could want.
I became very rich and famous. I was greater than any person that lived before me in my area. And my wisdom was always there to help me.Anything my eyes saw and wanted , I got for myself. My mind was pleased with all the things I did. And this happiness was the reward of all my hard work.
But then I looked at all the things I had done. I thought about all the hard work I did. I decided it was all a waste of time! It was like trying to catch the wind.
Finally on this note, I will like to say that "there is nothing to gain from all the things we do in this life.
Written by: Ifeanyi John Obidike
Title :
Does Hardwork Bring Happiness?
Description : Last week when I was going through my Bible, I came across a passage which humbled me and made see that indeed the world as they say is van...
Rating :
5